Seeing the USA in our RV


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
July 14th 2011
Published: July 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday in Calgary was relaxing and a chance to meet with close friends who are Calgorians. They hosted us at a private club with a wonderful Sunday buffet. Monday was museum and Rotary Make up day with a band rehearsal in the evening. Tuesday began early with an equipment loading and bus caravan to a local Mall for a Calgary Caravan pancake breakfast and presentation of our show. After loading the buses we arrived at the Saddledome for our next Stampede show presentation and free time until the evening. We repeated our show with a great audience reception after having an opportunity to see the fantastic show bands perform. Then it was “home” for packing and, for us, preparing for an early morning RV departure. We learned that, although we're not a competition band we were graded 5th out of 30 bands in the parade on Friday. Not bad for the old folks.
Departing at 6 AM we made it through Calgary with no holdups but, following a route suggested by an RV neighbor, we enjoyed great scenery around Glacier Park but had to wait an hour for construction holdups. The mountains and lakes of Northern Idaho were also magnificent and we managed to get to our night stay at a military Fam Campground in Spokane by 6:30 PM local time. Relaxation and the evening meal prepared us for tomorrow's travels through Washington and Oregon to our Good Sam Rally.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.6kb