"It's not everyday you get to put a lifesaving cause on the map."


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

UPDATE: As of today August 15, folks have very generously donated and he has reached his target of $2200. Anything beyond this will be a bonus - much thanks to everyone who helped him reach his goal!

This is about a journey of a different kind. In about 8 weeks time, on the weekend of September 10th, my son will be participating in a 100km 3 day walk in the Kananaskis region of Alberta. He was looking for a place to volunteer his time and challenge himself, and came across this event which is a significant fundraiser for the Kidney Foundation. It was also a good excuse to pay more attention to personal fitness - a win win situation if I ever heard of one! So he's registered, has the t-shirt and is ready to go! Well, he will be ready once all the training is done 😊.

Other than fitness, his challenge is to raise $2200 and he is about half way there. Actually, he would like to raise more than that. To help with the fundraising efforts, the Kidney March folks have made personal sites available to participants so I thought I would share the link to his site here with you. Visit, look around, check out the organization.

If you are so inclined, you can donate through his site and will receive an electronic receipt sent to your email address almost immediately. With any luck he will raise more than the $2200 target for this great cause.

Our family has been pretty healthy and we are extremely thankful for that. We have not been touched by kidney disease but many folks live lives that include hours a day spent on dialysis. We hope this effort helps in some small way.

Here's the link to his site:
[url=http://fundraising.kidney.ca/siteapps/personalpage/ShowPage.aspx?c=tvI5IeNSJsE&b=5767647&sid=hqIQJ0NJInKVJ0NCKqE&elid=3574592235


Advertisement



Tot: 0.399s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb