Biking the Bow River Parkway


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
June 13th 2010
Published: June 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I am not a very big fan of the Sun. But after a week of rain & wind, the clear skies were royally welcomed. The temperature rose to 27C. Since we were at home for the weekend, we decided to test ride our new bikes.


I used to take S to Prince's Island park almost everyday when we stayed near the downtown. So, we chose to bike the Bow River Parkway from Pearce Estate Park to Prince's Island Park. Some 5km one way. The shaded trail was very pleasant with views of Bow & Elbow river.


S saw the Bow & Elbow rivers, people float down the river, baby gooslings, lots of Bulldozers(courtesy: Calgary's construction), Trains(Canadian Pacific Railroad), Windmill, Fountain, lots of ducks, Goose, one bunny rabbit that got caught in the middle of so many kids, apart from her 1 hr at the playground.

Back at Pearce Estate Park, she spent some time at the smaller playground, but was soon pulled over by the parents who wanted to see a couple of birds doing a show. They would fly up & then fly down...the show was on for a good 5 minutes. After a short bike stroll, we were back at the parking lot.

It was a day well spent(~11km RT) & I did hope to have some after-effect ouches the next day. But thankfully, so far so good.


We ended up enjoying the views so much that we forgot to take many pictures.


Ganesh almost ate my head off for staying at home. So, will have an update next weekend unless it rains/snows, that is. 😊




Something to read
Red-winged Blackbird
Bow River
Elbow River
Pearce Estate Park

~travelbuffs


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



18th November 2010
View along the trail

crystal clear
Hi both, this picture makes me think replace my camera. awesome job, totally pro level...

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb