Just Krista in Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Brooks
September 19th 2007
Published: September 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys

Well it has been a long few days so far but I have enough energy after my hot tub at the hotel in Brooks to send this email. Plus i have some really cool photos that i wanted to share.

Day 1 - All the way from Sydney to Calgary - and after a quick 1.5 hour nap we went to the Calgary Tower (similar to the Centrepoint in Sydney). We had a lovely dinner and met everyone that would be on our trip. The photo attached is of the glass floor you can stand on (more scary that you think) and in the other photo you can see the Stampede Grounds (the big oval building with the red & yellow poles on either side). After an exhausting day we were all in bed by 9pm.

Day 2 - Calgary to Brooks via Drumheller - Drumheller is a small town of only 6600 people reknowned for it's dinosaur history. Today we saw the world's largets Dinosaur (man made), the Tyrell's museum & the Dinosaur Provincial Park. If you think this sounds boring you are wrong! I enjoyed today so much and the scenery is amazing! The photos are attached are the view from the worlds largest dinosaur's mouth - (which we climbed the 106 stairs twice), the kind of figurations that have been found in the area of Alberta are reforned at the museum, the surrounding area's and the amazing formations at the Provincial Park. Some of these photos are 74 million years in the making!

Tomorrow we are doing lots more fun things so hopefully i will get another chance to send some more pics.

Dee - please pass onto everyone!
Mum & Dad - love you
Kev - love you too!

Bye for now 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

At Dinosaur Provincial ParkAt Dinosaur Provincial Park
At Dinosaur Provincial Park

There is 18,000 hectare on this terrain to see! AMAZING!


19th September 2007

EH?
Krista!!!! Your in my homeland babe!!! Are you coming to Toronto???? I hope you are would LOVE to see you, you have to let me know if your coming here I'll show ya around town!!! LOL Keep in touch! How's Kev? Have fun on your trip! Here's my cell ph # if you do make it to Ontario 1-416-953-2368 Enjoy!! :)

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb