Day 110 - Horses, Gondola and Hot Springs


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
August 18th 2013
Published: August 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The Ancell's and the Gerdes' headed out of camp at 8:30 this morning. We had a full day of fun ahead of us. First on the agenda was a horseback trail ride through the Bow Valley. It was a gorgeous ride, but I discovered trying to take pictures while horseback riding is a little difficult. I did get a few good shots, but trust me the scenery was awesome. I had not been riding since the hip and knee replacements so I was not too sure what to expect. We all concluded it was fun, but an hour on horseback was enough. Next we went up to Bow Valley Falls where we hiked up A LOT of stairs to see a fast running water wonder. If you fell into the falls you might as well kiss your butt goodbye, it was moving that fast. Then we headed back to the bottom of the falls for our picnic lunch. We were all starved by then. Next adventure for the day was a ride up the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulfur Mountain. As you can see from the pictures the views were spectacular. We even had a Starbucks at the highest Starbucks in Canada. Our final activity for the day landed us at the Banff Hot springs. This was our fourth visit to a hot springs in Canada and well worth it, especially after the horseback ride. Not sure what are plans are for tomorrow, but I am sure it will be something fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb