Day 14: And on the 14th Day they rested


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff
August 29th 2019
Published: August 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well, it took until our 14th day in Canada but we've finally had a day not on the bikes - well not in a serious way anyway. We had a decadent sleep-in until 9am before rousing for a leisurely breakfast. We got some house keeping out of the way and then jumped on the bikes (minus the paniers) and headed into town for lunch and to explore.

Banff is a bustling tourist town in both the summer and winter. The streets are packed with tourists and every shop seems to be advertising for "Help Wanted". I think I've met more Aussies than local Banff people working here! And why not? It's a great place to come and spend some time having fun before settling down to the harsh realities of life.

After a bite to eat we visited the gardens at the west end of town and then the Banff Springs Hotel. The hotel is amazing and I'd hate to think what it costs a night to stay there but I guess if you have to ask, then you can't afford it. We found the Bow River Waterfall which is only about 1km from the centre of town and then rode our bikes back into town. We decided to eat in tonight so we did a bit of shopping and then climbed up the steep hill to our accommodation to prepare our feast for the night.

The dinner conversation is mostly about how we are going to spend our last week in Canada. We want to visit Vancouver Island, Seattle, Whistler and spend some time in Vancouver itself, working out a sensible way to do all of this is proving challenging.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb