Banff and Yoho National Park, Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff National Park
August 13th 2014
Published: September 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we were going to go river rafting but we couldn't because Ania messed up on the GPS, so it could have been a short ride which my dad didn't get. But instead we went to a lake that was really blue and pretty. When we got there I got a fossil necklace and I got earrings for my mom. Next we just walked around the little neighborhood near the lake and then we picked a place to sit so Ania can teach us to meditate. I didn't get it though.

After that we went to a waterfall to dump cold water over Ania's and my dad's head for some reason. Next we went to a store and got veggie burgers and broccoli for our BBQ at our campsite. When we go to the campsite, Vitor and my dad put up the tents and Ania and I cooked. The veggie burgers weren't the best thought. Then we went to sleep.

______________________________________________________________



______________________________________________________________

Daddy's Comments:

Yes, Ania did mess up with the directions (and felt really bad about it), but I should have spent more time putting it in the GPS like everything else instead of going by the e-mail directions. To her defense, the e-mail directions were not crystal clear.....However, I looked at it as a blessing in disguise as it ended up that everyone was not that excited about it. Due to Sofia's age, Sofia and I would have only been able to go on Class 1 rapids which would have been more like the float we did Grand Teton then river rafting. Not to mention that it was really expensive and they returned most of the cost. So this gave us time to do some other cool things.

First was Emerald lake which like Peyto and Morraine, was another incredibly beautiful lake. We hiked a short portion of it and got to a spot were Ania tried to show us how to meditate. I, like Sofia, "did not get it"....while very relaxed, clearing my mind was not possible.

Well, next part of the day was really, really fun. The night before I had found out that Matt and Chantel, friends from Denver, challenged me to the Ice Bucket Challenge. I had known nothing about it nor how big it would become, but always into challenges. So, while we did not have a bucket or ice, we improvised and used our cooler and the glacier water from Takakkaw falls. We first went to the waterfall, which while really cool, it would have been impossible to do it very close to it. So we got set up and with minimal preparation, just did it. All four of us had a blast and it was funny to see everyone taking pictures of us while we did it. Yes, it was cold, but fun.



We tried to get back to the Banff Gondola store and starbucks as Vitor wanted to buy his jacket. I tried to load the video but just could not get it with the limited wifi they had. We ended up failing the challenge as we had to do it and post within 24 hours, and we were unable to post until 3 days later. However, it was for a great cause (ALS) so donating was a pleasure.

It was another night of camping and while the veggie burgers sucked, the broccoli and smores were awesome. We all had a blast!

Accommodations: Campsite: Tunnel Mountain Village 1

Sites: Emerald Lake and Takakkaw Falls

Reason for dumping ice water on Ania and Dad - ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - challenged by Matt and Chantell and though we completed the challenge within 24 hours, were not able to post on facebook due to not having internet access for about 72 hours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



14th September 2014

Banaff
Oh Canada, you are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing all of these photos.
16th September 2014

Meditation
Hi Sofia, I still don't really get meditation and I am MUCH older than you but it's good to keep trying :) I love the photos, beautiful scenery!
19th September 2014

Gabriella and I have had so much fun reading your posts! It seems that you all of your had a wonderful vacation! Gabriella was a bit of envies of your horseback ridding! She has been taking lessons but her pony is much smaller that your horse! We are very much looking forward to meet you and person and to hear more about your adventures and ;;;; not worries about the meditation; it is just for or relaxation; admiring the nature could be a big part of it!:-)
19th September 2014

Gabriella and Joanna
Thanks for the comments. Sofia and I are looking forward to seeing you as well. Sofia is already talking about meeting Gabriella and the cool thing is that she will become part of the blog....

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb