Bermuda and the Triangle


Advertisement
Bermuda's flag
North America » Bermuda
September 29th 2007
Published: October 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ParadiseParadiseParadise

The beaches don't really look too pink, but up close they are!


Ahhh finally...BEACHES!! Its been a year since I've seen a real beach (petty lakeside beaches don't count). So after an eerie flight through the mysterious triangle and some storm clouds to make it extra exciting, me and Leonie make it to Bermuda.

Well what a change in temperature, what a hot walk along the runway and what an awesome welcome! We had two guys playing the electric guitar and steel drums singing for us as we entered the airport terminal. Never felt more like a celebrity.

So as usual I stay at the worst hotels ever (5 star *cough cough*) the Fairmont Southampton and the Hamilton. A free ferry between hotels means you enjoy the luxury of both places. Enough about that.

The people here in Bermuda were much kinder than the roads they drive on. Holy crap it's like mini Mexico here, people honking every 2 seconds for what I first thought was road rage but found out it was just a friendly way of saying hi, then taking your eyes off the road for a second and almost plowing into a tree. Oh yeah, 2 out of 3 people have a scooter here, so we

thought we'd join in on the fun. Roads here are extremely narrow and someones brick fence is basically the side of the road.

Being a small island and all, and nothing else surrounding it except endless miles of deep sea there's still plenty of activities. One place of interest for me was the crystal caves, found by a kid losing his ball back in Idon'tknowwhenthatwas. Apparently they lowered them inside and found this awesome looking cave, but never found the ball...

On the night of the almost full moon, we decided to head over to the old dockyards for the beach reggae party! This really gave us the feel of being in the Carribean, even if we weren't quite.

Moving on, a hurricane down in the Carribean was haulting our attempts to go scuba diving, so instead we did some snorkling (not to mention the waves that were almost making me sea sick). As usual there's pretty fish like parrot fish and the infamous 'I like to bite your fingers off when you feed me bread' fish.

Our last few days we managed to do some jet skiing and discovering my island. You heard right, Daniel
Exploring BermudaExploring BermudaExploring Bermuda

Looking through a small cave on Horseshoe Beach
Island, such a beautiful island but don't let that fool you, as my island sinks ships!

Ahh, now that the sun sand has soothed my soul, it's time to jet back to Canada again!

Oh, if you ever want some sunshine and pink sand, there's a place called Kokomo, it's where you'd want to go to get away from it all!

Dan.






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Scooter fun!Scooter fun!
Scooter fun!

Our first scooter 'Rin Tin Tin' had some speedo difficulties so we traded him in for 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. Leonie you look confused??
Nice beachesNice beaches
Nice beaches

Me and Leanie enjoying the beaches
Crystal CavesCrystal Caves
Crystal Caves

The colours in these caves are awesome, and using your imagination you can see things like pirates, the new york skyline and even Chip n Dale or the Simpsons!
Daniel IslandDaniel Island
Daniel Island

Oh look it's my island!
ShipwreckShipwreck
Shipwreck

You don't wanna mess with my island!
PartyinPartyin
Partyin

Drunken people, who might they be??
HmmmmHmmmm
Hmmmm

Should we swim or should we just swim??


Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb