Dubai and Kuwait


Advertisement
Middle East
December 31st 2015
Published: December 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

First, Happy New Year!! Wishing everyone lots of love and peace in 2016!! It is New Year's eve and we are sitting in a coffee shop in Phnom Phon, Cambodia with super fast internet. Trying to post this before we leave for our New Year's dinner.



We had a great time visiting my brother Mark and Yan in Dubai. That is an amazing city, very impressive what they have done, creating it out of the desert. Ed's quote - it is Las Vegas on steroids. But the buildings are gorgeous, and the city so clean. Absolutely loved the beautiful Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi.



Then is was a short flight to Kuwait to visit our Peace Corp friends - Craig and Tina Johnson and their 3 children. It was great to see them and enjoyed meeting their children. Kuwait was very different than Dubai, much more conservative and a bit grittier. On the surface, nothing shiny until we toured the Arab Fund building, which was more elaborate than the Grand Mosque.



I was going to add Jordan in this blog, but really want to get this posted, so will do that maybe
The view from the 124th  floorThe view from the 124th  floorThe view from the 124th floor

Not quite the top, but amazing view
tomorrow.... Also, a bunch of pictures were posted twice and I can not quickly delete them. Again, Happy New Year to all!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The view from our roomThe view from our room
The view from our room

Thank you Mark! Not our usual budget accomodation
ok, the yachts were pretty amazingok, the yachts were pretty amazing
ok, the yachts were pretty amazing

Not to mention the rolls, Mercedes etc type cars in the hotel parking lot.... :)
Enjoyed an evening desert safariEnjoyed an evening desert safari
Enjoyed an evening desert safari

It was a Sat night and there must have been a 1000 people out enjoying the desert. It was fascinating to see so many families with their small fires enjoying the evening.


1st January 2016

New Years wishes
Wonderful adventure for you and an exceptional way to welcome in 2016!! Happy New Year!!

Tot: 0.357s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0841s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb