Lebanon: My Top Three Experiences in the Land of the Cedars


Advertisement
Middle East
April 26th 2023
Published: April 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Traveling in Lebanon, I found myself mesmerized by the country's remarkable blend of cultural heritage and natural wonders. From the coastal charm of Beirut to the mystique of Baalbek's ancient ruins, Lebanon offers a delightful fusion of history, nature, and culinary delights that continue to captivate me.

During my time in Lebanon, I had the privilege of immersing myself in a myriad of adventures, and I'd like to share my top three favorites that I believe every traveler should experience when visiting this enchanting land.

The Marvel of Byblos: A Journey through Time



Byblos, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, is a true treasure trove of history. Walking through the ancient Phoenician port and exploring the ruins of the Crusader castle, I felt as if I were traveling back in time. The castle was built in the 12th century and stands proudly atop a hill, offering excellent views of the city. Nearby, the ruins of ancient temples, city walls, and residential quarters provide a fascinating glimpse into the lives of the Phoenicians, Romans, and Byzantines who once called this city home. The fascinating layers of history, combined with the vibrant energy of the modern town, left me in awe of this remarkable destination.

The Taste of Lebanon: A Culinary Adventure



Lebanese cuisine is a delightful journey for the taste buds, and I reveled in every opportunity to indulge in its mouthwatering flavors. From the rich, creamy hummus to the zesty tabbouleh, and the irresistible aroma of freshly baked manakeesh, Lebanon's culinary scene left me craving more. Mezze, a cornerstone of Lebanese dining, invites you to indulge in an array of small plates, perfect for sharing with friends and family. I even had the chance to take part in a local cooking class, learning the secrets behind these delicious dishes and bringing a piece of Lebanon back home with me.

The Beauty of the Qadisha Valley: Nature's Sanctuary



Nestled amidst the towering mountains of northern Lebanon, the Qadisha Valley is a breathtaking natural sanctuary that I had the pleasure of exploring on foot. The lush landscape, dotted with ancient monasteries carved into the cliffs, provided the perfect setting for a serene and reflective hike. The tranquility of the valley was a stark contrast to the bustling cities and an unforgettable reminder of the diverse experiences Lebanon has to offer.

I wholeheartedly encourage fellow travelers to venture to this land of the Cedars and immerse themselves in its captivating beauty and rich cultural tapestry. Despite its compact size, Lebanon's diverse attractions cater to a wide range of interests, making it an ideal destination for history buffs and nature enthusiasts alike.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.365s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb