Day 8 – Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates
September 20th 2016
Published: October 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We had planned an early start today as we are going on the round town Dubai Big Bus. Unfortunately, George was not well overnight, so we delayed our departure from the hotel till about 11.00.

We take the metro to Dubai Mall, and head to the bus stops. This is not as easy as it sounds. The Mall is hugh and has about six different entrances on various different levels and is vast.

Today, we do the Red City Tour which takes us around the old part of Dubai and then up to Wafi mall, another area of Dubai that we have not visited before. We sat on top in the open to get the maximum views and photograph potential. Bottles of water provided free of charge to keep hydrated and prevent you falling poorly from the sun exposure.

Wafi Mall is at the top of Bur Dubai and is really not very busy. We were hoping that George could get a KFC fix here, but there was not one, so we had dinner in Marrybrown instead. Similar to KFC and was very tasty. No Entertainer for this though, so we have paid full price for our meal. Shock horror!

After lunch, we head back to the bus and back to Dubai Mall and back to the hotel for a freshen up.

We did have plans to eat at the buffet restaurant Bayt in the hotel tonight. When we got there we found that Tuesdays is an Al a Carte table service night. It also looked a little too posh for us. This was not what we were looking for.

So back to the drawing board, and drawing from our experience last night using the vouchers on the tablet, we have a look around the local area to see who else has vouchers on the tablet. We came across The Classic Burger Joint which is again immediately across the main road from our hotel. We can see it as we leave the hotel. It looked very small so we are a little wary, but decide to give it a go anyway.

The restaurant is in fact very small with only four tables and a bench with four stools next to it. But the staff we very friendly and cleared our way to an empty table. The menu is not too big, but the food was excellent and all freshly cooked.

For a small restaurant, we were surprised they were taking the Entertainer, but their Wi-Fi worked well and the voucher was redeemed with no issues. We saw someone else come in trying to use a voucher, but she wanted collection, and the vouchers are not valid for this.

This was a great quality meal. If we were staying longer around this area, we would probably visit again, but are trying to keep to one visit to each location.

We agreed to completion of a customer survey and a picture for their Facebook page.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



18th October 2016

Day 8
Fabulous pictures, what a good idea to provide water for your bus trip. They really do know how to look after there visitors. Well done you are really making the best of your holiday and vouchers ??
18th October 2016

re your comments
Many thanks

Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb