Ras Al Khaimah Nthn Emirate


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Ras Al Khaimah
September 20th 2010
Published: September 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ok, this is the last of my belated blogs from July in Abu Dhabi...only a bit behind in posting!

Ras Al Khaimah is one of the northern Emirates of the UAE... about a 4 hr drive from Abu Dhabi, and for us, it holds the luxurious Hilton Spa Retreat! It is a bit of an uncomfortable contrast to a small city that seems predominatly quiet old and slightly dilappidated. There is a mix of new developments along side dirt roads with older rundown housing. It is also a big escape for those living in Dubai & Abu Dhabi and abroad, to come and soak in the sun & relax in some luxury.

The drive from Abu Dhabi is completley through desert... freeways wind there way past flat vistas of sand & scrub, and the closer you get to Ras Al Khaimah, more sand dunes with a richer orange sand colour, and higher undulatiing landscape of larger dunes.

The resort is a bit of a favourite of ours, we have been fortunate to stay here a number of times and it has always been wonderful.

Enjoy the photos...

Note the large rectangular salt pool,..... on this visit it was so hot, about mid 40s, the water temp in this pool was like a hot bath..the main swimming pools were just cool enough to swim in... & the sea, well yes it is very warm too.... not refreshing in this weather!


Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb