Miramar Al Aqah, a resort away from home


Advertisement
Published: July 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Miramar, Al Aqah... it just rolls off the tongue, especially with an Arabic accent!

This gorgeous beach resort is surrounded by the desert rocky landscape of the Hajar Mountains on the east coast of the UAE. It takes a 2 hour drive from Dubai, across the scrubby desert landscape to be swept down off the rocky scraggly mountains on to the east coast road which hugs the edge of the Indian Ocean.

Miramar, Al Aqah beach resort is a short drive down the coast from Dibba.

We first came here back in early 2009, and so after a 3 year wait, I was very happy to be returning. It is a low rise resort referencing the traditional Arabic/Moroccan building style. Sand colored stone villas, carved and pointed arches, hanging lanterns, bougainvillea creeping over the wooden terraces.. winding paths lined with frangipani lead you from villa to pool to beach... The sweet smell of sheesha from the cafes and mellow Arabic music from the speakers dotted around the pool add to the exotic feel of the place.

Arriving at this Arabic resort, you are presented with a dazzling marble lined foyer, large columns supporting gold lined domes, with sunken ponds and lanterns lining the water feature and hanging low from the ceilings. All is luxurious as you sink in to their welcoming lounge areas, offered dates and Arabic coffee and juice to refresh from your drive across the desert... They do it well in the UAE!

The summer months in the UAE offer many good deals & discounts to stay at such places. With a lack of tourists and I must say extreme heat of 40-45 degrees, it is a good time for locals and expat residents to take advantage of these beautiful places.

When we arrived we found our retreat from the sun in the floating Italian restaurant overlooking the generous pool... ah divine, cool down, some lunch then sink in to the pool to cool down further. I did also go for a swim in the sea to enjoy some waves, however the water in the sea is pretty warm! A beach stroll takes you up to Snoopy Island, a popular snorkeling area. In the evening Sheesha cafes and belly dancing await along with an extravagant buffet dinner.

The photos will tell more of the story ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb