Day 23 – Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 5th 2016
Published: October 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We have nothing planned for today, so we spend the morning on the roof top sunbathing and swimming. It was great to have some time to sunbathe in amongst all the visiting we are doing.

For lunch today, we wander into the Mall of the Emirates food court. No vouchers to use for today, so we end up at two different venues. George had Texas Chicken again. He thinks this is maybe as good as his old favourite KFC. Theresa tried out Magic Wok. We have tried them once in this trip, but that was in Dubai Mall and unfortunately, the food was not hot enough. Today’s food was as hot as you would expect it to be. Maybe we will give them another try.

George has been feeling a bit under the weather for a couple of days, and it looks like he may have a cold. We visited a pharmacy in the Mall and now he has some medicines to try to make it better. Luckily this was not man flu ! We later find out that there is damp in our hotel room, so think this may be responsible for the way he is feeling. At least we are moving to new hotel tomorrow.

As we are moving hotel for the last time tomorrow, this evening we pack up the cases again, with all intentions of getting a little bit of sun in the morning.

When we moved to this hotel, there was a menu in the room for a little Indian restaurant across the street from the hotel. We have looked at it every time we left or returned to the hotel and promised to eat in there one night. Tonight was that night.

The restaurant has three tables inside and four outside. It seems most of his trade is from people who just pull up outside for a takeaway. Here you do not get out of the car, the staff from the restaurant goes to the car to take the order then return with the food and or drink. The food was all freshly cooked on order. The menu had 250 items on it, so the smells coming from the kitchen were delicious 24/7. The food too was great to taste. It is a shame we were not staying around this area longer as we may have visited here again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb