Day 21 – Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 3rd 2016
Published: October 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We have had breakfast delivered to the room again and it was just as good. It comprises of freshly cooked toast, butters and jams, coffee, cornflakes and muffins. What is there not to like. We declined the eggs of choice and sausages.

We then made a visit to reception to find out what was happening about our washing machine. We repeated to the receptionist what the mechanic had said yesterday about it being a holiday and she was horrified he had said this to a guest. She assured us that someone would be up to have a look at the machine soon. Sure enough he arrived a few minutes later. He did not even come into the room, just said to leave it with him he would have a new machine with us soon.

We left the room late morning and took the metro to Dubai Mall. Today we have afternoon tea booked at the Al Bayt lounge in the Palace Hotel which is next to the mall. This is a five stars rated hotel.

We got our timings spot on, as we were about five minutes before a fountain show, so set the camera up and waited. It was well worth waiting for. We have already taken a video of the night time one, so it is nice now to have a corresponding day time one. Coincidence though, as both of them are to Arabic music. It was still good though.

We made a stop enroute at Caffe Divino for a freshly made ice cream milkshake. This is another place we remember from last year, and also where we have an Entertainer voucher for this year. Yet another divine deluxe milk shake each with the buy one get one free concept.

We then went off to the Souk Al Bahar next to Dubai Mall to check it out before our afternoon tea at the Palace Hotel. It was nice to look around. It was not really our cup of tea as things were really too high end for us. A Souk is traditional open air market place in Western Asian and North African cities. Anything from gold to spices and clothing is sold.

The Palace Hotel is a 5 star establishment and you can tell is run like clockwork to very high standards. There is always someone nearby to assist you with whatever it is you need doing without being obtrusive.

The two high end trays of food provided for the afternoon tea were really delicious. They were accompanied by an endless supply of cappuccinos or other drinks of your choice all inclusive. Beforehand, we had a flute of lemon and mint cordial to ensure our palate was clear. This was the first afternoon tea we have had whilst away where there were lots of others present having it too. It seems to be really popular here and we can clearly see why.

Another Entertainer voucher helps make this a very very affordable deluxe and luxury experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



7th November 2016
Afternoon tea menu

Waouhhh ! what a good plan ! I like it !

Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0962s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb