Day 5 – Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 17th 2016
Published: October 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today is the second day of the weekend here, so still no breakfast in the business lounge so we headed to the Chef´s House for our complimentary breakfast.

As we have a morning free today, we took the tram round the marina. We got off at Jumeirah Beach Residence tram station 1. From here, we were able to take a short walk along the sea front. Very much a tourist orientated area, but it is nice to say we saw it this time. We walked for about a mile, then decided it was really too hot to walk any further so headed to Jumeirah Beach Residence tram station 2 and got the tram back to the hotel.

Back at the hotel, we made use of the business lounge as today is our last day and we like to ensure we get our monies worth.

This afternoon we headed to The Address hotel in the marina where we have a reservation in their Kambaa Café for afternoon tea.

Unfortunately, they were not ready for us when we arrived, so they served us a cappuccino each whilst they sort themselves out. Really funny watching as they are so worried about upsetting us, but we were really relaxed about it. We thought up a strategy to try and obtain some compensation for messing up our booking, but it turned out this was not needed. About half an hour after we arrived, they presented us with our afternoon tea trays full of wonderful lavish goodies and a further two cappuccinos. These were followed about half an hour later by two more. Another couple beside us also having afternoon tea were only presented with one stand of goodies whereas we had two. At this point, we worked out that we may have been receiving special VIP treatment. We were quiet right too.

The food presented was as yummy as it looked, and over about an hour, we managed to consume most of the food on the two trays.

When we could eat no more, we asked for the bill. We had an Entertainer voucher for so we were expecting a bill of about 135 AED. The manager came over to us and said that there would be no charge at all. We think we got one free afternoon tea for the Entertainer voucher and they credited the other one for the way they had dealt with us. They did not tell us that though and we, of course did not ask.

This was a really great excellent / lavish afternoon tea, even better that it did not cost anything at all.

Back to the hotel then on the tram to have a final glass of wine in the business lounge as we move to another hotel tomorrow.

We have thoroughly enjoyed the generous and lavish business class upgrade provided by Radisson Blu.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



16th October 2016

Day 5
Wow you really did well eating all that lovely food and all for FREE well done you 2
16th October 2016

Re your comments
Thank you - yes, one of our better results

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb