Day 7 - Abu Dhabi to Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 17th 2015
Published: October 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

A lazy morning today while we packed up all our belongings ready for our trip back to Dubai.

We left the hotel at about 11.30 and checkout went smoothly. We will miss this hotel and the great service we received.

We are booked into the Radisson Blu in DubaiĀ“s Media City for the next three nights of our holiday.

We have been unable to find a good map of Dubai, so have downloaded some maps onto the tablet for our journey into this new hotel and into an area that we have not ventured before.

Unfortunately, Dubai is also having a lot of building works done, and the maps we have downloaded have a lot of street names missing. Result was we went round in ever decreasing circles before finding the hotel. This took just under an hour. Driving in Dubai is not for the faint hearted.

After unloading all our bags, we decided that we would take the car back to the airport whilst it was still daylight. We then got lost again trying to find a petrol station, as we know from experience that there is not one on the main road up to the airport.

We caught the metro from the airport and were happy to see that our hotel location was on the same line as the airport. Unfortunately, when we got out of the station, we turned left instead of right and spent another half an hour going round in circles again, before we realise where we have gone wrong.

We had an Entertainer voucher for the bar in the hotel, so have a lite late dinner there. We did not want to be too late to bed tonight, as we have a busy day planned for tomorrow.

We noticed whilst in the bar that there appeared to be a party going on in the hotel. We could hear the music quite loudly from our room as well. We were quite tired though, so it did not disturb us too much tonight. More on this follows.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb