Dubai ❤️


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 15th 2015
Published: March 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On the 26th February I packed up my Osprey 75L backpack and said my cheerios to the family at Glasgow airport. Writing this now it seems like forever ago Mum and I were greeting our wee hearts out. I jumped on my flight to Dubai and met up with Nicky (boyfriend/future ex-husband) who had arranged for some Haribos and Dairy Milk to be waiting for me on arrival to his spacious apartment (Lol it's a audio). The first week was great- dinners out coupled with lovely walks either down to JBR or the Marina - both wonderfully visual modern of Dubai. We parked up at a Shisha Bar called Smokey's, where enjoyed the most delicious Moroccan tea.

The second week was class! We visited to the Dubai Mall - these malls are experiences in themselves - they are vast and packed with endless entertainment. After witnessing Nicky's habitual crabbitness in trying to find a car parking space, we went to the Aquairum and Underwater Zoo. Its not a particularly big aquairum but for its size it packs in a lot of different kinds of fish and sharks. I mean for goodness sake its in a mall!! Following this we took a glass bottom boat over the aquarium which gave us yet again a different perpective on the aquarium. After all that the cheesecake factory was on the cards! Everyone, if i recommend you go somewhere for a delicious cake then get yourselves here! The oreo dream extreme cheesecake is to die for, get it in your bellies! Both of us felt extrmely sick for at least two days after the cheesecakes, but its worth it. Dubai has some of the world finest eateries, i have never ate so well in all my life! Dining out every night ive been here means that the waistline has stretched considerably and my food horizons have been broadened. The most memorable eateries are 'the address' in downtown dubai which has 5 star Japanese food and a view of the burj Kalifa that will knock your socks off! The fountain show was spectacular and we saw three different shows in the course of our dinner. It was a truly wonderful evening. The best is yet to come though. Nicky surprised me with a trip to the Burj Al Arab for afternoon tea. This was probably one of the best experiences ive ever had, i have never been in a place more beautiful, the hotel decor is unmistakably arab, it is dripping in gold and the brightest colous which gives it a feeling of grandeur, warmth and welcoming. The afternoon tea consisted of seven unbelievable courses which has to be the richest food ive ever had. The trip to the Burj Al Arab was such a memorable day not just because of where we were but who we were there with. It means the world when you have someone you can share the most fantatical experiences with and i really couldnt imagine doing it with anyone else. (Soppy shite over).

If you are not fortunate enough to have your own personal tour guide like myself then a great way to see the city is a bus tour. I have an obsession with bus tours, and Dubai is no exception. The bus tour is a brilliant way to see the top attractions of the city and have a bit of education at the same time. For those of you that know me well you will know this is right up my street. Exploring the city from the bus gave both of us a chance to really apprecaite the city for what it is. Dubai is a city with a lot of visiually stunning areas such as the marina shoreline, presidental residencies, the city centre itself with all its towering skyscrapers which frame the city from afar. This city is still under major construction and has a long way to go before being complete.

To summarise this trip has been perfect for me, i have left my loving family to come to here and spend two and a half weeks with Nicky which has been wonderful. It has given me enough independence and confidence to prepare me for my next journey which is three weeks exploring China from Beijing to Hong Kong. So stay tuned everyone and remember adventure is out there, youve just got to go find it.

Love Laura xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



15th March 2015

hey Laura glad to hear you're having a ball!! Nicky ? crabbit ?......... well okay maybe with parking lol

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb