Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Fen/Mar 2014


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 19th 2014
Published: March 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Slept well last night........for whatever reason.

Forgot to attach the pic of the pool from our floor last night (pic 1).

I went down for a sauna and Rae did more gym work.

Afterwards, had breakfast in the Dunes Cafe.......unbelievable array of food!

Then it was pool time again......still sunny and 21 plus degrees! Stayed by the pool for around 90 mins before heading up for afternoon tea.......and our private taxi sightseeing tour, which was excellent. We covered a lot of ground before we got dropped off at the river boat ferry ( Atlantis Hotel, "Manhattan" skyline, Burj al Arab and beach, King's Palace, Jumeirah Mosque, Dubai Creek, river boat ferry (2-8). The Spice Souk was interesting and we got conned into buying some spices and a silk scarf (pics 9 and 10). Made our way to the Gold Souk, where nobody managed to sell us "Rolex, Cartier, Breitling" watch (pic 11), before catching the Metro back to our hotel......just in time for complimentary drinks and nibbles.

Decided to eat in The Dunes Cafe in the hotel, which was pretty good. And I didn't fall asleep over my coffee tonight!

Tomorrow, another relaxing day before a visit to the Mall to see the fountain in action.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb