Dune bashing


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 1st 2012
Published: September 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


I am too tired to write much, but last night my american coworker wanted to make sure that I would be up at the crack of dawn to go off roading with him and our boss, along with a couple of their friends. Of course. As long as we were back before the heat.

We drove towards Al Awir and went off roading somewhere around there. Camels everywhere! Towards the end, there was also a group of wild donkeys but they were scared of the three big machines coming toward them, so I never got a good photo of them as they ran away.

Enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



1st September 2012
Photo 4

Very cool
Sounds like a really awesome time, even though you were up at the butt-crack of dawn! :) I hope you got all the sand out!!
1st September 2012

What is that in Photo 7?
Thanks for the photos, pookie! I really enjoyed looking at them. What is that in Photo 7? Can you drop me an email? It looks like an encampment of some sort. Is it just someone living off on their own? It looks like they have a pretty nice garden. Hope all is well. And thanks again for sharing your photos.
2nd September 2012

In the photos
It was a good time and there was lots of sand going down the shower drain and in my teeth! As for the encampment - yes there were lots of these little encampments all over the place. I believe this is where they raise and herd camels. A lot of these places had fences containing camels. A lot of the camels you see roaming the dunes have hobbles on their legs; they are allowed to roam, but if they try to run, the hobbles will stop them.

Tot: 0.509s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 34; qc: 163; dbt: 0.205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb