Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
May 10th 2012
Published: May 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I am going to make this the short version as after spending an hour or more typing up the blog and choosing the photos the stupid thing crashed and I have to re do it..

Up early for a nice breakfast then off to Dubai Mall which is just across the road from our hotel. Although the mall was nice the shopping was not as good as we expected. Lorraine and I decided that Dubai is not a shopping destination although we did spend more than hour in Zara and both walked out with a bagful of purchases.

Our first night was spent at Dubai marina where we enjoyed some local delicacies.

The next day was not off to a good start with a visit to the doctors for vickie diagnosed with a middle ear infection.

We met Craig & Lorraine at the Burj Khalifa to take the ride to the 124th floor in less than a minute. The view from the top was great we didn't realise that right behind our hotel was still desert and how much construction is still going on..we stopped off at a quaint little coffee shop,that Bec would love before going back to get ready for our desert safari.

Tonight we did some dune bashing, rode a camel, dressed as locals, smoked the shisha, got a henna tattoo and enjoyed a local feast and watched a belly dancing show. The trip back to the hotel was much smoother.

Up early to set off on our city tour where we visited the Dubai museum, the gold and spice souks, jumeriah beach then back to get ready for our High Tea at the Burj Al Arab.

High Tea was lovely where we enjoyed lots of goodies..the food just kept coming and the view from the sky bar was great. After the tea we visited the Atlantis hotel which is out on the palm island. It was a grand hotel with a huge aquarium inside the hotel. We ended the night watching the Dubai fountain show that is in the lake in front of the Khalifa. Tomorrow is our last day in Dubai so we will start off visitIng the largest shopping centre in Dubai the mall of Emirates which has more than 4000 shops.



We are off to Amsterdam tomorrow night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.35s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb