Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 27th 2011
Published: February 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Dubai


I visited Dubai on my way over to New Zealand as a spot off point, and I think that stopping for a few days in Dubai is well worth doing. Not just to lap up the sun but also your body clock adjusts to the time zones you've travelled through. A visit to the top of the Burj Khalifa is a must, pre book a ticket to save money and hastle when you get there, this can be done online for around 26 GBP. You get great views either v.early in the morning or around 7pm September for the sun set. After travelling up the worlds fastest ellivator (travels 12 floors per second) stand outside and wait for the water display infront of the worlds tallest building, the combinations of colours and water jet explotions are incredible. The same designers of the famous water displays at the Bellagio in Vagas are the people who created the water displays at the Burj Khalifa.

Another must do is the famous Desert Safari, well worth your money and you get alot of experiences for one evening. There are loads of companies which offer the Desert Safari which includes a trip across the sand and then the views of the Middle East sun as it sets pink and orange colours across the skyline. You can jump on a cammel for a short 5min ride across the sand for no extra cost. Then enjoy a feast of food and drink infront of belly dancers and other performers on a huge stage lined with carpet. Truly one of my many memories from Dubai was that evening, which in fact was the first evening I arrived.

I spent 3days in Dubai and could of easily stayed longer. One last memory of the Emirates were the Silk Souks incredible amounts of silk reeming the back streets with hundreds of shop sellers waiting in the door ways to encourage you in to see what they have to offer. I got dragged into one shop and explained that I wasnt going to buy anything and he understood that but still dressed me head to toe with the traditional dress ware. I found it quite funny in the end because I brought a silk tie in the end 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



14th February 2012

wow!!
James, that sounds great i am definitely going to do that if i get out there one day! :-)
14th February 2012

I have been to Dubai as you know, as the picture you have created is exactly how I remember - The most memorable for me was the sun setting over the desert, while we were on safari and we had a falconry display and sat on Persian rugs while we were offered canapés and strawberries dipped in chocolate. Oh what an incredible trip - would love to do it again.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb