And so it begins


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 27th 2008
Published: October 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Part one


Left dublin at Arrived after 8 hours on the plane absoutley bricking myself, steped off the plane at about 2100 and the heat hit me like a ton of bricks, hadn't even thought about that. got to hotel at about midnight, had to give my passport... which i wasn't sure about. was decent enough sounded like there was a night club next door, did the job. Went out to try find something to eat, went to the busiest place still open looked dodgey but didnt have much of a choice. turned out to be lovely, like most of the places i'v eaten so far, after tat wandered around a bit on my then headed back to hotel and bed.

Just had the one day in dubai so fairly rushed the next morning, had a stroll through the gold souks, and just arsed around shops in general. Tried to find a place to get rabies shots but no joy, those mon. then went out to the Burj al Arab amazing building, went for a swim in the sea then went into Wild Wadi water park, was amazing. After that, jumped in a taxi and spent the next hour and a half in traffic on the way back to the hotel, went out for dinner and tried some apple sheesha, flavoured tobacco, and walked back through souks again to the hotel shattered.

Up at 5 the next day to get back to Abu Dhabi airport, all easy enough nothing difficult at all about UAE was a gentle enough introduction looking back at it now anyway.

India here i come


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

SheesheSheeshe
Sheeshe

I'm sorry mother
Gold SoukGold Souk
Gold Souk

Some of the stuff was so tacky


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb