Dubai UAE - Day 6 - Dubai Frame


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
April 30th 2019
Published: July 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

First stop today is to the Dubai Frame. Again, the metro does not go too near, so we had a ten minute walk.

George needed to use the bathroom and we learnt from our visit to the coffee shop on Saturday that most of them do not provide this facility. We did pass a mosque though and they were more than happy to help. Another truly unusual experience.

The Dubai frame was built between old Dubai and new Dubai and inside has areas to show off the past and the future. A very worthwhile place to visit.

Once at the top, a section of the floor is made of glass, so you can see back down to ground level. We got strict instructions though not to sit or lie on it. Walking across it is permitted.

The views from the top were amazing and we got to see most of Dubai.

Afterwards, we found a food van on the site that served burgers etc. They seemed very popular and not too expensive. Very tasty food too.

This evening, we visited the Cultural Centre for their Cultural dinner. We have had various meals at the centre before and they are always very entertaining and different. Luckily we have an entertainer voucher as the tickets are 150 AED each. Not sure we would go so often if we had to pay full price each time.

On the way, there we stopped at a local café for some coffees. 3 AED and they were lovely.

There were about 30 people attending the dinner and they appeared to be from all around the world. The two ladies we sat next to were from Australia. They were shocked when we said we were in Dubai for 10 days as they did not think there was much to do. We gave them some pointers of things they may like and they were very surprised and enthusiastic to try some of them.

The guy running the evening was very knowledgeable and spoken in a manner that was easy to listen to. He was willing to answer questions on most subjects, although on the subject of LGBT he skirted around the edge a little. An Emirate man can have up to four wives.

There was a very wide selection of local food on offer and there was more than enough to feed everyone there. At the end they provided food boxes if anyone wanted to take some away with them. Anything left was to be donated to local charities.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb