Day 01: Weekend in Dubai and Abu Dhabi (Sep 2018)


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 13th 2018
Published: September 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Thursday, 13th September 2018

Our 3pm flight to Dubai was delayed for more than 2 hours at Changi Airport due to some air-conditioning servicing. The passengers onboard this flight were civilised as none of them vented their frustrations at the helpless cabin crew.

It was closed to six in the evening before the flight was given the green light to depart. Seven hours later, we landed at Dubai International Airport.

UAE is made up of seven kingdoms and this is where we would be spending our weekend away from Singapore. With little expectations on how things would pen out over the weekend, we continued our journey to the city centre via the Dubai Metro.

Barely 20 minutes into the ride, we reached the Emirates Towers Station where our hotel, the Millennium Plaza was right at the doorstep of the station exit.

Our room was at level 40 where it commanded an unparallel view of of the Financial District and the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest building).

Dinner was a snack affair at Burger King as we were already fed rather well during the flight. The temperature was at a high of 40 degrees celsius though as we settled in for the night after our meals and long flight.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb