Arrive in Abu Dhabi


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
December 20th 2015
Published: December 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Prosecco please I replied when asked if I would like a drink. Sorry Madam we only have champagne! This is so bloody posh, I feel like a gatecrasher at a strangers party. I wonder if everyone around me travels like this all of the time? I bet they know how to get the headphones working. As it happens, even in business class you sometimes get duff headphones but they are soon replaced. If we hadn't given ourselves away as first timers already we soon did as Martin tried out every position on the seat, forwards, backwards, tilted slightly, completely and then proceeded to press the privacy button to move a screen between us up and down - seriously the kids would have played less! Eventually he settles down and we both enjoy a film and dinner with the hostess topping my glass each time it emptied without me even asking - honestly she would have given John Skeen a run for his money! A little nap, then just for the experience a trip to the bar, seriously a bar on a flight! We arrive at Abu Dhabi and it takes ages to get through security despite fast track tickets. We collect our luggage, pass through customs and make our way to collect our chauffeur service to the hotel only to find that Martin has forgotten to collect his fishing rod! Look we're on holiday, no big deal lets go and find out how to get it, already life's speed has slowed down. Reunited with said rod we make our way for a coffee next to all the meeters and greeters waiting for business travellers and family. This is great people watching especially families reunited for Christmas. It starts with searching faces until they recognise those collecting them, then a smile of recognition and sometimes tears as they hug and embrace each other. That'll be us in a few days I say to Martin as the thought of Melissa brought a tear to my eye. Half an hour after collecting the chauffeur service we arrive in resort. We only have a couple of days here and Mum had recommended the Grand Mosque as an absolutely must do - as it happens the hotel was directly opposite it! Wow they both look amazing!The entrance to the hotel grounds must have been inspired by the Arc de Triomphe or India Gate only with 2 arches and we sailed through up the ramp to a hotel with the stature of a palace! Of course they don't celebrate Christmas but nonetheless the hotel was set up for tourists and wow do they do it in style! <br style="color:� font-family: UICTFontTextStyleTallBody; font-size: 17px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.301961);" />The porter whisked our cases away and we were shown to our room. Yet another wow! Now I haven't had a bath in years because I never seem to have the time or the patience to wait for the bath to fill, here I could watch the telly, write this blog and talk to Martin from the comfort of deep hot water - bliss!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0923s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb