Driving Chrome for Christmas


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
December 23rd 2006
Published: December 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Silver Dream MachineThe Silver Dream MachineThe Silver Dream Machine

Jealous much? Anyone who says that they don't want a lowered,stretched, skirted, chrome plated and generally pimped Mahindra Jeep is a damn liar.
First of all I’d just like to say hello to the newest member to the clan, Isaac Jardine. Welcome aboard Isaac!

Apart from that, not much else to report, Christmas out here is a very low key affair, a rather stark contrast to the Las Vegas style lights of Ye Olde Corringham Towne. If it wasn’t for the Hyundai Heavy Industries Christmas party Karaoke down at the beach club belting out “Ludolph the Led-Nosed Leindeer”, you’d hardly know the yuletide was upon us, although once you step inside a mall or hotel the decorations are pretty full on.

The Rotana even had a Swiss Village in the courtyard for a few days, with an authentic Alpine band and traditional Switlandish attractions. There were stalls displaying, cheese, cuckoo clocks, Toblerone, hats with shaving brushes on them, a place where they would look after all of your looted gold until the war is over and a life size model of Steve McQueen and his motorbike tangled in some barbed wire.

So in the words of someone who became quite famous for having his birthday on the 25th of December "What do you mean this is my Christmas AND birthday present?
MahindraMahindraMahindra

I think this is a Mahindra Jeep underneath, an Indian made verision of a WW2 Willys Jeep. They are a bit like my Series 3 Land Rover but without the comfort, sophisticated engineering or fuel economy.
I hate you!"





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

ContinentalContinental
Continental

They are so sure of their own product, they fit Bridgestones.
Fish OasisFish Oasis
Fish Oasis

This is one hell of a pet shop, kittens, giraffes, pandas...
Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Thumbs Up

McDonalds are having a pretty fierce advertising campaign, I've steered clear of the golden arches, but now I've seen this mad cow...hang on, isn't "i'm lovin' it" an anagram of "ill 'n' vomit"?


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb