This is how big Twister was when it first came out.


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
November 25th 2006
Published: November 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

TwisterTwisterTwister

"Right Steve, left foot red" Nowdays you can get Twister so small it fits in an iPod nano.
Warner Bros. were in town as the 2nd Unit were filming some of the desert scenes to Hogwarts favourite pupils new flick "Harry Potter and the Glinstening Clacker", so naturally Daniel Radcliffe's stunt double was itching to see the sights.


As you can see by the photos we hit the quad bikes and headed off to the endlessly shifting sands to pit man's resolve and ingenuity against the harshest forces of nature with the inevitable result - Man One : Nature Nil - IN YOUR FACE NATURE!


Mike took the lead, pushing his Prado to the limits, and then over the limit. Although credit where credit is due, he executed a piece of self recovery so sweet even he couldn't believe he'd done it.


I must be getting more skilled at desert driving, my back bumper was hanging off as well as the front by the time the day was out, one more trip and I'll HAVE to go down to the ARB showroom.


Anyway, I'd like to think they enjoyed themselves, they tried things at both ends of the spectrum from exquiste and subtle flavours of "Al Wisal Refreshments", "Ali Hassan Meat
Gay (Quad) Biker on AcidGay (Quad) Biker on AcidGay (Quad) Biker on Acid

Well, apart from the acid bit...
and Meat-Like Foodstuffs Est" and the resplendant bar in the "Ally Pally" to dodgy places like the Emirates Palace Hotel, Pregos and the Brauhaus.


Like I've always said - and Steve will back me up on this - life is like a 3 Dirham bag of spinach and onion chilli bargees from Al Wisal Refreshments, it's cheap, it makes your bag greasey, it makes your fingers smell and everyone wants some of yours. And you end up having too much and feel a bit sick. That my friends is philosophy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

StuckStuck
Stuck

This is Clair 30 seconds after taking to the dunes.
A bit scaredA bit scared
A bit scared

"Don point dat dare digikal Mintola at me soft la'"
Aaaahhh....Aaaahhh....
Aaaahhh....

"It's a bleedin' baby Camel!"
Aaahhh... Part 2Aaahhh... Part 2
Aaahhh... Part 2

"Look, you can see his little noodle - and the puppy's"
Follow that carFollow that car
Follow that car

At no point during the day was there even a little bit of giggling or talking about b*mming.
Doh!Doh!
Doh!

This was very nearly a photo for the "It's a Roll Over Week"
FriendlyFriendly
Friendly

"Aren't all the ladies in this bar friendly?"
??
?

Sherren is completly confused - I understand the first part, but what is a "job"?
How much?How much?
How much?

What, no family discount?


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb