Why wouldn't you do a stop-over?


Advertisement
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

There seems to be a school of thought about stopping over on route from the uk to Australia/NZ. Some people reckon your should do what you always used to do before kids (in our case, this was to nail it as soon as possible). Others swear by it.

Well i say, what's not to love so far? We have had excellent service in all the airports; fast-tracked in every queue; lovely flight attendants; easy transfers; and the most luxurious hotel I have ever stayed in. Weather is hot and sunny and the beds are bloomin' comfy.

For 50 quid we upgraded our room to business class, which gives us unlimited food and drink in the business class suite. Breakfast and an amazing view from our hotel room. By golly I even have scales in our bathroom and an espresso coffee machine as standard.

The Kids have had a blast in the swimming pool and kids playground. They are sufficiently worn out and back in bed now for a good nights sleep before the epic leg to Sydney.

The only disadvantage is that it is 6.30pm and the kids are asleep so Alex and I are taking in turns to come up and have some dinner, alone, with unlimited booze! Did I say dissadvantage? We would probably sit glued to our various gadgets anyway, let's be honest...

So if you hadn't gathered, I am one happy holiday bunny.

As I pour myself anotherglass of (free) red, overlooking the sunset and this incredible round megastructure thing, the only thing missing is some company!!! As good as an iPad is, it would be nicer to be sharing a drink with good conversation. I will have to retreat to my business class balcony darling..... ;-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb