ANZAC COVE


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
June 25th 2013
Published: June 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

ANZAC COVEANZAC COVEANZAC COVE

Sunrise
Anchored off Anzac Cove at 6.00a.m ., saw the sunrise over Anzac Cove at about 5.45a.m. It was interesting to see the area from out in the water, as we were here on land in 2009 for the Dawn Service - and it was a hell of a lot warmer than it was then - in 2009 it was absolutely freezing - quite a different outlook with not a soul in sight after being there with thousands in 2009. The captain and the cruise director did a 1/2 hour service which was very nice - with a solo singer doing a song about Gallipoli and the Princess Choir (passengers who have been practicing since Sydney), it was a lovely service and many out on deck to witness that - Turkish authorities would not let the captain lay a wreath in the sea so he will lay that once we are out of Turkish waters. Set sail again at 9.00a.m. heading now to Naples in two days. Have been invited for cocktails in the captain's lounge tonight before dinner - so that will be a nice treat! Thanks everyone for you comments we love getting them - but can't reply to everyone as the internet on the ship is SHITE! Thinking of you all especially our gorgeous little grand daughter Rahni who is turning 5 today, Happy Birthday Rahni! Also tomorrow Happy 80th Birthday Aunty Emma!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SERVICE ON BOARDSERVICE ON BOARD
SERVICE ON BOARD

Everyone in attendance
ANZAC COVEANZAC COVE
ANZAC COVE

At daylight overlooking graves on hillside


25th June 2013

Hi John and Gloria Hope this works, great to hear all about the travels, I have been printing them off for the Residents. Great shopping Gloria, especially with the handbags!! As you know it is freezing beyond belief here in Melb. but we survive. Love to you both, Clare and all the gang at Amarco

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb