Adana to Ceylan (and the headwind from hell)


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
December 22nd 2006
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Good view. Bad beenie.Good view. Bad beenie.Good view. Bad beenie.

Time out in the afternoon
We woke after a good nights hotel sleep. And made a great discovery. The breakfast at the hotel was a buffet. Well didnt we take that little horse to town! We waiked out of there with a copius quantity of butters, jams, boiled eggs and cheese, it was litterally falling from our pockets.

Busted out of Adana city and headed towards Ceylan. To be greeted by the kind of headwind that would scupper a Sydney to Hobart yaht! This belting headwind was total punishment and forced us to about 8 km/h, crap pace! The only good thought was that as we turned towards Ceylan it would become more of a tailwind.

And thats what happend. İn the arvo we made great time assisted by a sweet tailwind. We made camp on the side of a hill out of the wind. Enjoyed a great dinner filled with fresh Turkish produce looking over the vast fertile farming land that in summer would be filled with crops and busy farmers.

Some stats:

todays kms 56
total to date 388


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb