Day 120: Canyoning in Olympos


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Olympos
August 26th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early and had breakfast then drove for an hour to get to the place where we were going canyoning. We suited up with wetsuits and helmets and then started down the river. There were some parts which were deep so you had to swim through then, but most of it we waded through the water. It was so cold I was really grateful we had the wetsuits.
It was fun going through the canyon and in parts the guides had to help us get up the rocks because the current was quite strong. On the way back through we slid down those parts. We were a bit disappointed because we didn't go very far, the whole thing took only about 1 hours. But by this stage it was 4 pm so we were very ready for lunch.

We drove back to Olympos and had lunch in a restaurant there. It was probably our best lunch so far, we had chicken shish kebabs and really nice turkish bread.

Once we got back to Kadirs, which is where we staying, we had an icecream and then played some cards with the rest of our tour before we headed to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb