Blue Cruise


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Kas
June 1st 2010
Published: June 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I gathered up my stuff in Fethiye and made my way to the harbour with 12 other extremely fun travellers (5 Aussies, 4 other Canadians and 3 Singaporeans) to get on our home for the next 4 days: the Kucuk Mustafa. After getting insructions from the crew (a Turkish family consisting of: Dad/Captain Yousef, Mom/Chef Fatima and Son/Deckhand Mustafa; we set sail (well, motored anyway) out of the Fethiye bay.

The next few days are a bit of a blur though, likely due to excessive amounts of Efes (Turkish beer), relaxing/playing cards in the sun on top of the boat and taking countless dips in the pale blue waters of multiple beautiful rocky coves. A few things I do remember though are:

1) Hiking through the "Butterfly Valley" and climbing up ropes through waterfalls to small secluded pools at the top.
2) A failed attempt at paragliding from the top of Baba Dagi (Mount Dagi)... After sitting at the top (~1960m) for an hour or two with no wind to take off or fly in, we watched the sunset from the top and bussed it back down to the boat... My disappointment was short lived though, as it was promptly drowned in Raki (the Turk equivalent of Ouzo).
3) A lovely wander around a quaint fishing village known as Simena that has absolutely no car access.
4) Sleeping on deck under the stars each night to the sounds of the waves lapping or boat and then being awoke each morning by the scorching Turkish sun.

At the end of our amazing boat trip, we were then bussed to our treehouse hostel in the backpacker's haven known as Olympos.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb