Mesopotamia, Turkey , Syria and Iran


Advertisement
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Kas
May 11th 2008
Published: May 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I am on a mission from God. Well not really, God is out playing golf. So I guess I am on a mission from me. Busy scouting locations for the "Prophet" movie to be shot in Turkey, Syria, and Iran. ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 118, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

What do you mean you don't like my soup?What do you mean you don't like my soup?
What do you mean you don't like my soup?

What do you mean you don't like my soup?
No PicnicNo Picnic
No Picnic

No picnic please!
Happy BirthdayHappy Birthday
Happy Birthday

Trading futures on my birthday. Totally unexpectedly the hotel staff made me a cake and sang me happy birthday in broken english! Soooo nice.... Life can happen so unexpectedly. The universe constantly reminds you that you are never alone.
TiramisuTiramisu
Tiramisu

Yummy!!!
Minaretes and Sand MosquesMinaretes and Sand Mosques
Minaretes and Sand Mosques

Visions of an ancient land below me.
TCOB Antoher Crack  Between the worldsTCOB Antoher Crack  Between the worlds
TCOB Antoher Crack Between the worlds

Not sure what was going on here but it was like a movie set. All types of strange business was being conducted in this corridor. It felt like this little passageway missed the last century and what's more is it didn't mind!
Biblical PondBiblical Pond
Biblical Pond

OK< something happened here. Some dude fell because "Satan" threw him and now if you eat the fish you go blind... Not sure if that is entirely accurate but the place looked cool and was filled with turists from bordering Syria and Iran.
Think I found Rumi....Rumi Mc DonaldsThink I found Rumi....Rumi Mc Donalds
Think I found Rumi....Rumi Mc Donalds

OK, so I have a great idea! Take a 5 century Persian Sufi Mystic and make him into a fast food chain like Mc Donalds! Imagine what we can do when we really put our minds to it! WOW!
Shwarma DonnerShwarma Donner
Shwarma Donner

OK, top of the world , salad chicken thing from a cool street vendor. Great idea right? Ummm... gotta run to the bathroom now.... Ahhhh man!!!
The Trash Man 500 BC.The Trash Man 500 BC.
The Trash Man 500 BC.

OK, so I know you were wondering how they got the trash out of those ancient cities right? A maze of narrow cobblestone streets can be tough to navigate for motorized machinery, but not for mules. These guys still use Donkeys to carry trash out of this ancient town. Wonder if we could implement this in US?
Trash ManTrash Man
Trash Man

I like donkeys. They are quiter and cleaner than those big green garbage trucks running on black diesel.
Donkey RecyclingDonkey Recycling
Donkey Recycling

You guessed it, if they have Donkey trash collection they have Donkey recycling. Schedule online today ! : 1-800-donkey- trash-pick-up.com
Crappy Cola From Coca ColaCrappy Cola From Coca Cola
Crappy Cola From Coca Cola

Another excellent product from the folks that brought you COKE. "CRAPPY COLA" ...ummmm... Enjoy!
Eggplant KebabEggplant Kebab
Eggplant Kebab

Grilled organic local meat in wrapped in Aberguine . Yummy ...
FearFear
Fear

Small flight to place thats not on the map. Only eat open was next to me. The woman next to me was not comfortable sitting next to a man as she was very religious but she was terrified of planes. she had never flown. She tried to sit in her seat as far from me as possible without making eye contact. As the plane took off i noticed my ipod bumped and a crazy hand feverishly gripping my arm. She was shaking. I tired to calm her but I don't know what was worse for her, the plane or to be squeezing the arm of a strange man that's not her husband. I tried to calm her by saying the only words I thought she might understand...OK...OK... It was a mad flight. As the plane landed she quickly ran to the front to avoid anyone having have noticed her. I realized why I was onboard that plane. It was to comfort her. I hope I helped.
AnatalyaAnatalya
Anatalya

Arrived here exhausted. Had to convince the guy at the hotel to take dollars instead of EUROS. He was trying to convince me that the rate was the same for EUROS or dollars...... I dropped my bags and stumbled into the harbor area. The ocean always calms me... Ahhhhhhhhh....
Anatalya Anatalya
Anatalya

Tired but still alive!
Taxi To The Dark SideTaxi To The Dark Side
Taxi To The Dark Side

Took the Taxi from hell.... Guy was nice but it took forever. When I took a break I came back to discover the Taxi parked and the guy gone... Guess I am staying here tonight...



16th May 2008

Great photos and witty comments, Shaahin, thank you for sharing! You the only guy I know who can have so much fun traveling alone :) Happy Birthday, dude! (yours in April too???)
16th May 2008

looks like u r having a rough time ;)
glad to see someone is having fun !!!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb