Arrival in Istanbul


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
April 20th 2015
Published: April 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We finally arrive after a very very long and tiring trip. 14 hrs plus from Melb to Doha (Abu Dubai), a few movies, some dinner (fish and vegies) and breskfast (egg omelette/mushrooms/spinach) a few naps time went fairly quickly. When we arrive we are greeted by a bus to take us to the waiting area where we proceed to the business lounge. So crowded. No time for a shower a quick feed (breakfast again) then back down to our gate.

Next leg is Doha to IST. Approx 4.45hrs. We sat on the runway for about 45 mins. Due to the time difference guess what the menu was ...yup breskfast again! Lucky is my fav meal 😊

This was a long trip, we're both tired/bit grumpy and would like to be in the room showed.

Landing into turkey there was snow on the mountains. Closer to landing and wow! So pretty. So many flowers!

Off to Novotel for first night, appreciating the priority desk for being Accor members, free wine and a softdrink for Kaine. If my wine wasn't free the cheapest was 27lira (14aus)...seriously!

Because it's a muslim country this was to be expected... means there won't be a lot of vino for this girl!

Meet and greet at 8.30pm so a quick 1.30 nap then we meet our tour guide and group. Mostly from perth or melb but three from CHCH! Pretty cool to have some odd my home town peeps here. I wanted to hug them!

My three T's for today, traffic, tulips and time! Tulips are everywhere, so much traffic, and so much time on the plane!

My only regret is i wish i brought my hairstraightner! Such curly hair!

Off to sleep now! Very tired.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb