Last day in KL and one day stopover in Istanbul


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
February 5th 2015
Published: February 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

5/2-15: Last day in Malaysia, got up around 9 and had some breakfast. Then we did some last gift shopping, and went around china town and central market.
After that we went to the public swimming pool again, so nice to get away from the noise and get cooled down a bit.
We went to Reggae bar for early dinner, quickly we met up with a friend who lives there before we had to go to the airport. Got there quickly and cheap with the skytrain and then airport bus. 6/2-15: Arrived early at the airport in Istanbul where we had to part again, waited with the family for their flight - my layover was 24 hours so I met up with my friend who came and met me and showed me around Istanbul.
Started off with crossing the river with one of the ferries to the Asian continent. On the way back we fed the seagols and made them catch the bread in the air - I might get my own seagol and teach it all kind of tricks.
After that we went to the Egyptian market, where you could by a lot of different animals but you were not allowed to touch them which is really freaking hard for me not to do.
Then to the grand bazaar, the biggest closed market in the world, you could but everyhing very blingy or spicy here! And looooads of local sweets as well.
Had some really good lunch, turkish meatballs, salad and bread and Ayran for drink, simple but really good food!
Then we went to the old sultans palace, very beautiful buildings, almost went to Mekka as well (they had some of the pieces from the black box there). After that some tea on the terrace, got it for free as Sonny said he was a guide!
Finished of at the blue mosque where I had to wear a scarf to get in, but bare ancles was okay apparantly. Very beautiful inside but really busy as well.
Said goodbye with a beer in the airport and then time to go home to BCN!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb