Edit Blog Post
Published: August 4th 2010
We're doing well. It's pretty hot and humid here in Istanbul. Everywhere we go there is free Wifi - so happy we brought the netbook. We spend our mornings out doing touristy stuff (i.e. visiting the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, etc). After lunch we hang out in our air-conditioned hotel room, and generally take a nap, read, or go through photos, as it's too hot to do much else. Then in the evening we head out and do more touristy stuff.
Some of our favorite things we've done while in Istanbul are:
1. Explore the Bosphorus, using the local ferry system
2. Drinking tea and tasting the local food
3. Relaxing and watching the sunset at the Blue Mosque
4. Walking around at night, exploring the various side streets and shops
5. Visiting the Aya Sofia
6. Eating Turkish delight and Baklava for dessert.
Tomorrow we meet up with the tour group, and will begin our 3 month journey along the silk route going from Istanbul to Xi'an. We're excited and curious about meeting the new group and trip leaders, having had such fond memories of doing the group travel thing in Africa for an extended period of time.
Tot: 2.78s; Tpl: 0.053s; cc: 42; qc: 156; dbt: 0.0972s; 2; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 2;
; mem: 1.7mb