Closing in on Istanbul


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
September 25th 2009
Published: September 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I took many photos from the car, most were blurred. Once we slowed down due to traffic I had some success of capturing people and traffic. We were doing fine car-wise until we approached Istanbul. Istanbul is huge and very confusing. We got very lost and thought we’d never find our way back to the hotel as we drove back and forth over and over again across the bridge linking Asian Istanbul to European Istanbul. We didn’t recognize the long names. We weren’t sure if the signs referred to areas, streets, or even towns! I couldn’t find our location on any maps that we had and the traffic so I was no help and driving was awful. Poor Richard. I finally convinced him to get off the highway to ask for help. Sounds simple however we were in an area where no one spoke English and the roads were very narrow and impossible to navigate, one way etc. and did I mention the traffic??!! How we got back to our hotel is a mystery to us still. Though we had another day left on our car rental we said no way and chose to walk for the rest of out time here.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb