Bosphorus Cruise


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul » Sultanahmet
June 3rd 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

I spent the whole day today on the Bosphorus Cruise. Basically where you go is straight up the Bosphorus to the Black Sea and then back down again. The Bosphorus links the Black Sea to the Sea of Marmara, and Istanbul sits right next to the entrance to the Sea of Marmara. This is why Istanbul is strategically such an important city, and whoever controls the Bosphorus controls Istanbul as well.

The cruise stops at several small towns along the way, but I didn't get out until the last one, a small fishing village called Anadolu Kavagi. This is literally the last Turkish town before you enter the Black Sea. I hiked up a really steep mountain to get to a ruined castle that looks out over the Sea, and also back down towards Istanbul. The climb was worth it - the views were breathtaking. Also, I had a great lunch of Black Sea bass.

Then headed back down to Istanbul, and got in at around 4:30. Couldn't help myself and went back to the same restaurant I went to the first night and ordered the same meal. That's three nights now of having kabobs!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0834s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb