Bloom Where You Are Planted


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul » Ortaköy
April 21st 2014
Published: April 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Abby and Luke back to school today. :-( Peter had day off so chauffeured us once again through the maize of streets and gnarled traffic to Emirgan Park ..... This beautiful park is the location of the famous Tulip Gardens. It was a wonderful spring day so we were not alone! The park was big enough for all.... We wandered leisurely through the tulips, topiary trees, public picnic areas, laughing school children and fun playgrounds. After sitting awhile watching the ships navigate the Bosphorus we visited the Museum .

A drive along the shore of the Bosphorus to see the beautiful old wooden waterside villas , mosques and grander residences along the way led us to Rumeli Feneri, a lovely fishing Village on the point where the Bosphorus meets the Black Sea. We ate lunch at the Mendirek Balik Lokantasi overlooking the water . Our lunch of Sea Bass and chips with salad, bread and tea was deliciously fresh and very tasty. Some creamy warm caramel type custard and candied carrots, pumpkin and pears finished us off! Yummmmm!

We drove to the point and took some wonderful shots of the Ruins there above the Black Sea. The drive back home was busy and slow but the wonders of our afternoon were worth it! Had dinner on the balcony at Peter and Shannon's condo in the hills overlooking Istanbul......a beautiful sunset and day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb