Day 123: Cappadocia Tour & Turkish bath


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia
August 29th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we did a tour of the highlights of Cappadocia. We left the hotel at 9.30 and we went to look at the fairy chimneys first. We made a couple of stops and had a wander around them. Some of them have houses and steps carved into them where people used to live 60 years ago. Alot of the fairy chimneys make cool shapes, I got photos of some that looked like camels and dogs etc.

After we had seen the fairy chimneys we went to a pottery studio and watched how they make pots and ceramic plates. They had some really nice stuff and most of us bought something. Next we drove to the place where we had the Turkish night last night to have lunch. We had a meal of beef and veges which was cooked in a clay pot which is cracked open when it's ready to be served.

After lunch we drove down into South Cappadocia to one of the underground villages which people used to live in when they felt like they were in danger. The village went 8 stories deep, and only 10 percent has been excavated so goes alot further than that. We looked around the village for an hour then drove to a jewellery shop where they showed us the different stones found in cappadocia. They had some beautiful things but they were slightly out of my budget! That was our last stop for the day so we headed back to the hotel.

We had a couple of hours down time then went out for dinner to have some Turkish dinner.

After dinner we had booked for a Turkish bath and massage. We were all really looking forward to it. It was quite an experience they scrubbed us and gave us a foam massage then a half hour oil massage. We got back to the hotel afterwards and went straight to bed so relaxed!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb