Day 122: Hot Air Ballooning & Turkish Night in Cappadocia


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia
August 28th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning I got up at 4.30 along with 3 others on the tour and we were picked up and taken to the starting point for our hot air ballooning. There were 20 people in our balloon and we watched how they set it up by filling it with gas in its side and then tipping it up so it's attached to the top of the basket.

Our ride was meant to be an hour and it went over all of the fairy chimneys and valleys and the beautiful scenery of Cappadocia. The ride itself was really smooth you couldn't even feel the take off it just felt like we were floating on water, but 500m up in the air.
There were about 40 balloons up at the same time and it was a pretty amazing sight. The sun came up while we were up there and we got to take some really cool photos. We ended up being up in the air for nearly an hour and a half because our driver over shot the landing so we had to continue and land a bit further away. Once we landed we had the traditional celebration glass of champagne for a safe landing and were given a certificate!
When we got back to the hotel I went back to bed for a few hours then spent the afternoon in the pool at the hotel.

At 8.30 we left for our Turkish night, which was an evening of Turkish dancing and entertainment with dinner and unlimited drinks included. It was a pretty fun night, the highlight was Sarah getting pulled up on the stage to try belly dancing!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb