Day 121: Driving to Cappadocia


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia
August 27th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had a very early start this morning, we left Olympos at 6am because we had a long drive to Cappadocia. We were all pretty tired so we slept on the bus for most of the morning.

The drive to Cappadocia took about 10hours and we stopped a few times along the way, but other than that it was a pretty boring day of driving! One of the places we stopped was at a caravanserai which was the place where people travelling along the old silk trading road used to stop and spend the night there with their camels.

We arrived in Cappadocia at 9pm and went to a food court in a mall for dinner. On the way to the hotel we stopped and looked at a couple of the fairy chimneys on the side of the road. Cappadocia is famous for it's fairy chimneys and unique landscapes, it was formed after a volcano erupted and the ash and lava spread and then the wind and rain caused the formations which you can see today.

We got to our hotel quite late. It ISA cave that has been turned into a hotel, with a pool etc so it was quite cool. I had a shower and went straight to bed because I was getting up at 4.30am to go hot air ballooning!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb