Ruins, carpets and other Turkish Delights.


Advertisement
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Selçuk
May 4th 2014
Published: March 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Another belated blog...these were so easy to write when backpacking...but so much more difficult to get round to when you're on holiday or living and working in a country. Anyway, in May we had 10 days holiday from our jobs in Odessa. We had planned on travelling to Crimea....but I'm sure anyone reading this knows why we changed our plans. So, with friends living in Istanbul and further friends cu... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




21st March 2015

Carpet buying on holiday
We had to laugh at your carpet experience, because when we were on holiday in Turkey, we did actually buy a Turkish rug! Figuring out how to ship it back to the UK was a fun experience and until it was actually delivered, we didn't believe it would turn up! The turkish delight pics made us drool...love turkish delight!
21st March 2015

Carpets
Really, that's mad! We did ask ourselves who did it, but now we know. However, living in a Ukrainian grandma flat means we have a lot of carpets....l
21st March 2015
The library at Ephesus

What?--no baby lamb's neck jacket?
Love your shopping style and attitude! And so glad you heeded your mom's advise and booked it to the brothel--hope you scoped out those very communal toilets, too. Hope to see you on the runway in your next blog!
22nd March 2015

That kinky bird man!
I must have read this wrong... so he made honking noises, then got a bunch of strangers with oiled hands to caress his hair, and then made more honking noises?? no wonder he had to have a fag afterwards! ;)
22nd March 2015
Multiflavoured turkish delight

Love!
22nd March 2015

Lovely Memories
Your blog brought back some wonderful memories for me from our visit to that area...... Istanbul airports hehehe I have now lost my Brit mentality of waiting and being patient, myself and the mammoth stick our elbows out and go for it now days!
22nd March 2015

Getting caught up
Glad you are getting caught up on your blogging. Every place we go I look longingly at the rugs. They are amazing. We did buy a small one in Nepal but there was a giant one in Greece that I wanted. I think Dancing Dave has bought many carpets in his travels. I would love to see them sometime. The beauty of Turkey and all the history beckons to us and we have not made it there yet. Hopefully soon.
22nd March 2015

I usually don't buy from the tourist shops...
but I had to buy a rug in Bukhara as how could I pass up such an opportunity. And it wasn't really a tourist shop...I hardly saw any in the city. The rug cost almost as much as my entire trip! By the way, how could you pass up the Turkish Delights. The Cadbury Turkish delight is not sold in the USA, so whenever my son comes home from Wales he brings us a years supply which, of course, is consumed in a week...ok, less.

Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 31; qc: 101; dbt: 0.1054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb