Travel day to Selcuk


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Selçuk
April 28th 2014
Published: April 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It was raining cats and dogs today in Istanbul. No worry....it is first really rainy day of our journey and a travel day . Taxi to Ataturk airport to catch Turkish Air flyte to Iznik. Plane delayed a while before departing ....easy flyte. We really like Turkish Air..... More leg room and nice snacks. King tried to trade us his eggplant salad for our chocolate mousse! We traveling Grami's are much to smart to fall for that one.

As planned, a driver from our hotel in Selcuk was waiting outside of baggage claim .....drove us to Selcuk to the Kalehan Hotel .... A really lovely place where once checked in were offered tea and a cookie. The inn Keeper/ head Maître De also bussed us through beautiful rose gardens to our comfy, clean room. We freshened and set out to walk this small pleasant town in the farming district.

We had made reservations for a 7:00 table in our hotel dining room so had an hour or so to explore. Once a modest farming town with a sideline in tourism. Now tourism is a driving force. We enjoyed our walk despite some showers and returned to hotel for delicious dinner and wine.

Tomorrow we tour castles and ruins In the lovely South Agean hillsides.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb