Blagging Ephesus


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Selçuk
June 13th 2008
Published: June 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we made our way through the ancient city of Ephesus. Normally the expedition costs around 5 lira for the bus round trip, 10 lira entry to ephesus, 10 lira entry to the grotto of the seven sleepers, and 5 lira for water. I managed to do it for free. i rode down to the city with a group that gave free rides if you looked at their carpet store... weird i know. found a hole in the fence at ephesus and just slipped in with a crowd. The same at the grotto of the sleeping seven(its a cave where seven dudes apparently slept for 200 years awaiting the spread of christianity) Whatever. An because i didnt go through the gates i brought the water i had with me( no outside water allowed.)

I know it was not the best way to do it but i need to save money and i wanted to see it. i dont think in my last blog, i got a chance to tell you about the bitchin' hostel im at. Its called attilla's getaway and its fantastic. great rooms, fun spot, amazing staff. ill be recomending this spot to everyone i meet. i just cant say enough so ill stop their as a powerful thirst has come over me and i must go get some water. ill post more soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb