Slip sliding away ...


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Pamukkale
September 14th 2008
Published: February 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Every trip includes places you have seen photos of or read about and just want to see it in person. Pamukkale with it's white travertines and blue water was one of these. It was a case of seen the pics and greedily want to take my own!

We stayed at a great little place Melrose House, which provided a blissful little haven and being end of season we had it almost to ourselves. It felt more like a family home than a hotel, they were great picked us up from Denizli and then made sure we were fed and watered before bed. The Turkish Aubergine dish I dream of even now.

Hot, hot, hot so the morning was spent relaxing in the pool with books waiting for the heat of the day to pass so that we could enjoy a cooler visit to the travertines. No shoes allowed to protect the surface which means watch your step as funnily enough it's rocky and with water running down ... a little slippery too. In my mind they seemed to be in reasonably good nick, considering they've had generations of people scrambling, wading and traipsing over them (now including me)!

We did a lap around Heirapolos which seems to primarily be stones scattered around the hills except for the restored arena and the antique pool which has been turned into a rather expensive and tacky paddling pool. Last thing I wanted to do on a stinking hot day is to splash around and take the waters especially when they are hot! Finished the day watching the sun set over the travertines ... ahhh soooo romantic, just the girls and I and a couple of hundred other people!

Jane x


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb