a view of Sea Cloud II from the sea


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Kusadasi
June 11th 2012
Published: June 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We continue to enjoy every facet of Sea Cloud II from the morning excercises to the evening dinner and delight of sipping a glass of wine and talking with old and new friends on the open deck of the Lido Bar or standing on the bridge and discussing sails, port procedures, etc. with the captain or the chief mate.





After the talk about Pergamon, we relaxed in deck chairs along the port side of the Lido Deck waiting for word that the zodiac was ready to take us out to sea for a photo op of the Sea Cloud with all sails unfurled. No question about it, viewing the Sea Cloud II from 300 yards away is an impressive view. There isn't much wind but even still the sails are full. We return to the genteel of the Lido Deck for more reading and reflection on the history and all that we have learned so far about mankind's early history. We both continue to marvel at the details in craftmanship on this ship and the attention that the crew pays not only to us but to the ship itself. Toni is now reading a book on the Air because we can't figure out how to transfer Kindle books from the Air to our Kindles despite the fact the instructions tell us there should be a library for all books I am at a loss to find it using every trick I know about computers . . . there is no library! Oh well, it's not going to be a big problem.





Toni is first to arrive and secure a nice table for 6 for dinner. I see John Metter and take the opportunity to sit with him for awhile and learn about the National Trust, his sponsor. And he introduces me to a couple from Pittsburgh and a lady from Maine. They inquire as to my business experience and we talk some more about Ephesus and tomorrow's excursion. I rejoin Toni, Michael, Guny, Bobbi and we all wonder where Ken is . . . . Bobbi finds him taking a nap. Another fine novelle cuisine meal with wonderful wine is served as the sun set into the range of islands in the distance and again it's nearing 10pm so I buy a password for the internet access (yes, that's how it's done . . 10 euros fro 24 hours but there's no guarantee you'll get on the net just a guarantee you'll be able to log onto the Sea Cloud network I find out). I'm able to check some emails and upload some photos but then I lose the net and wonder how much will I have to re do . . . grrrrrrrh. I'll worry about it tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb