Daylan Caunos, Mud Baths & Turtle Beach


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Dalyan
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It took around 2 hours by boat to go to Dalyan and it was a very hot journey with the sun right on top of us! Once there we changed to smaller boats and made our way to the Mud Baths and it was fun digging to get the proper mud rather then the watery mud which seemed to go. We stood in the sun to get dried up and it was quite a site! It took a bit long because the layer we had on was quite thick. Washing it off was a task in itself because the shower were so strong it was hard to stay under them. Then we tried the spring water which stunk of rotten eggs! It nice and warm but we didn't stay long in the water and then we had to face the showers again! My hair stunk for rest of the day but at least people knew why rather then think I just smelled!!!

Anway after the baths we went to Turtle Beach for a bit of swimming and bathing then boarded the smalled boats to go past the Daylan Caunos tombs which were amazing! To think how people would of actually made those tombs just to bury people, but history always shows us how different things were from our time now! We then headed back to the big boat and once on we sailed back to Marmaris Harbour and was taken back to our hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 14; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb