Greece to Cesme, Turkey


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Cesme
April 13th 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Chios around 4:30am. We drove off the boat and were soon informed that the next boat leaving for Turkey would not leave at 8am as scheduled but at 4pm. They told us the boat was “broken”. We made the best of it and spent the day exploring the town.
We finally loaded the car around 3:30 then watched as the one other car squeezed on board this tiny little ferry. About 45min. later we arrived in Cesme Turkey.
We got off the boat and were directed straight to the customs office. This, by the way, is the first time we have gone through customs since we left France. We all got our visas with no problems but were told we would have to wait until morning and purchase Turkish insurance in order to get the car released. Lucky, the guy working with us from customs was super nice. He called us a cab and found as a nice hotel.
We found a great Turkish restaurant where we had a delicious dinner and then took a walk around the very clean, friendly town of Cesme. A very warm welcome into Turkey.
One thing to note we all got fondled in the Turkish bath!!!!!
Next morning I went for a run and dip in the sea, little chili, but I had to do it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb